Sunday, 28 December 2014

WINTER

What is your favourite time of the year? Which season do you prefer?  Do you like spring with its freshness, energy and vigour?  The air is crisp and everything looks new.  Or do you prefer summer, where the weather has become warmer and there is no more need for coats, cardigans or scarves?  Perhaps you like autumn when the world seems to be bursting with colour and splashes of vibrant reds, yellows and purples are everywhere.  Winter perhaps is your special season; with its promise of cosy nights by the fire and opportunities for sledging down snow covered mountains.  I can honestly say I love all the seasons; however, if I had to choose, I would be forced to choose winter.  In winter the trees stand naked and bare, stark and beautiful.

Driving along the motorway during winter can be dangerous for someone like me, who enjoys gazing at the beauty of the trees.  Sometimes I would try to engage anyone with me in spotting that beautiful tree. They of course would be disappointed as they cannot relate to my definition of beauty. Those trees in other people's eyes are just sticks, but to me it represents life, new beginning, potential and possibilities, a blank canvass from which many, many possibilities can emerge.  God has raw material. 'The earth was without form and void and darkness was upon the face of the deep.'  

Nothing testifies more of our Creator's power than His ability to bring life from nothing. This gives hope, renewed energy and shines light in many people's dark places. such as; depression, fear, anxiety, limited finances, relationship breakdown...

What season are you in? Is winter a scary place for you?  Is it a place of bareness and fear?  Hold on, your time of refreshing will come.  As spring follows winter, your season will not last forever. Spring is around the corner with all its lushness and promise of new life.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment